Friday, July 25, 2008

Tokens of Happiness


Just a post about some of the little things that have been bringing me joy lately:

Vintage inspired styles.
I really just want to go on a vintage/thrift/antique store extravaganza...but alas, I am a poor college student with little monies to buy books. Clothes will have to wait...but not long.

Evening walks.
I live in a pretty safe neighborhood and feel comfortable walking in the street at night. I've never really warmed up to sidewalks, streets are much more my avenue. We seem to have a pretty good colony of bats living somewhere in the neighborhood and I enjoy watching swoop and fly near the streetlights. Sometimes I worry they'll fly into me...

Riding my bike.
I'm getting more and more serious about reducing my carbon imprint. I'm really trying not to drive places that are in feasible biking distance. Luckily, Central Market is only like 2 blocks away. Riding my bike makes San Antonio feel more pedestrian than it is.

Blogs.
I'm really digging all of the hip fashion blogs that are out there. How did I just stumble upon these? I literally, StumbleUpon'ed them...and now I'm addicted. I'm reading as far back as March in two of them and see no sign of stopping.

My future.
Ok, so I know my future isn't really a little thing; more like this big, vast thing that could consume my thoughts with worry and expectation. But I like to idealize it as being filled with simple beauty and creativity. Pretty exciting, huh?

The end of summer.
Egad, it's been hot. I'm ready for cooler days where I can wear my sun dresses with cardigans and scarves and maybe even boots. Until then, I'm preparing to trek to class slightly glistening in sweat (gross).

The pictures I've been taking at the zoo.
I've really formed a serious appreciation for the animal kingdom while working at the zoo. Some of them are so beautiful and majestic it just blows my mind. Enjoy!

No comments: